Last Update: June 21, 2017
NeedToSellMyHouse (hereinafter “the company”)
This Policy notifies you of: (a) what personal information of yours is collected when you access needtosellmyhouse.com and/or use any services of the company; (b) how the information is collected; (c) how the information is used and shared; (d) our efforts to maintain the security of Sensitive Information; and (e) other details concerning your personal information and our policies.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that company does not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Copyright, Trademark, Service Mark and “Trade Dress” Information
NeedToSellMyHouse.com is protected by United States copyright laws. All Rights Reserved
The Content on this website is protected by U.S. Copyright law and international treaties. No part of it may be copied or reproduced in any manner, whatever, without the express written consent of the company.
Warning: You MAY NOT copy or reproduce this material in any manner without the express written permission of the company. You may, however, download or print material from this site for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright notices.
DO NOT copy or adapt the HTML or META TAG information which NeedToSellMyHouse.com creates to generate it’s pages. It also is protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws. The “look” and “feel” of the site, including color combinations, layout and other graphical elements (known as “trade dress”) also is protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. DO NOT copy or reproduce NeedToSellMyHouse.com’s “trade dress” in any way.
As a result of numerous copyright, trademark and intellectual property infringements, we have adopted a Zero Tolerance Policy and vigorously pursue all legal remedies against violators. TRIPLE DAMAGES are frequently awarded in copyright and trademark infringement cases.
Information Collection and Use
NeedToSellMyHouse.com collects information from our affiliates (Subscribers) or other persons who use, attempt to use, or access services (users) at several different points and from different sources, all or some of which may apply to you:
When you sign up to be a Subscriber or potential Subscriber of the company or its services, we ask for, and you are required to give, your name, contact, and billing information. Once you register with us, you are not anonymous to us. All subscribers indicate that they are, or intend to be house buyers who invest or intend to invest in such things as impending foreclosure, and purchasing houses and buying real estate which sellers must sell quickly for cash.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that allow us to enhance your experience on our site by customizing content to you. Cookies are stored on your computer, not ours. Cookies also allow us to target online advertisements even when you are browsing other websites.
NeedToSellMyHouse.com automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your Web browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We use IP addresses and cookies to analyze trends, of house buyers and house sellers, people who request “cash offers” and others; administer the site, track members and users movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Information from Other Sources
For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers for house buyers, and those who specialize in stopping foreclosures and those whom we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Use of Information
Information we collect is generally used for the following purposes:
- To build features that will make the services available on our site easier to use. This includes faster search requests, better Subscriber support and timely notice of new services and special offers to those who buy houses or buy condos, as well as those who buy vacant lots and land.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our sites content, layout, and services. These uses improve our services and better tailor them to meet your needs.
- To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our license agreements. At times, we may look across multiple Subscribers or users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your information to identify Subscribers using multiple Subscriber Ids or aliases. In addition we may analyze your website to determine, among other things, the effectiveness of your use of metatags and keywords such as sell your house now, or we buy houses, I buy houses, sell house by owner, sell my house online, etc.
- Sharing of Information of seller: Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from house sellers, and other property sellers is shared with our marketing partners, house buyers or other third parties. If it were otherwise, needtosellmyhouse.com could not function in its role of bringing qualified Buyers to potential Sellers.
The company may sell or rent aggregated statistical information and user information, including name, address, telephone number and payment information, to our marketing partners or other third-parties who have offers or opportunities which, in company’s opinion, may be of value or benefit to you as a seller. We may use the personal information that you supply to us and we may work with other third parties to bring selected opportunities to you via direct mail, email and telemarketing. If you want the company to stop sharing information it has about you in the future, you may notify us of this fact by contacting us http://www.needtosellmyhouse.com/contact-us
- Sharing of Information of Subscriber/Affiliate: Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from house buyers, including but not limited to Subscriber/Affiliates and other property buyers may be shared with marketing partners, house buyers or other third parties. We reserve the right to disclose personal information, including Sensitive Information, when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights or property of company or to enforce our agreement with Subscribers. In the event that company, or a considerable portion of its assets are acquired by a third party – Subscriber/Affiliate and investor information and Sensitive Information may be some of the transferred assets.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from member lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing member services. They have access to personal and Sensitive Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Offers and Announcements
We send welcoming email or other notification to verify password and username. Users and former users will occasionally receive information on services, special deals or products, and a newsletter.
The company takes every precaution to protect our users and members Sensitive Information, both online and offline. Your Sensitive Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Sensitive Information is encrypted and is protected online. We do note store any credit card information on the web site.
Sensitive Information is also protected offline in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or Subscriber services representative) are granted access to Sensitive Information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security practices and changes in those practices. Finally, the servers that we store Sensitive Information on are kept in a secure environment.
Company may forward users and members to other sites. Please be aware that company is not responsible for the business and privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the legal notices and privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a Subscriber’s personal information changes, (name, address, billing information, etc) we provide a way to correct or update that Subscriber’s personal data provided to us.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to change any policy, we will post these changes on our homepage or provide other notification of our revised policy so our users and/or Subscribers are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and when we disclose it.